Morrison-Maierle has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to lead and grow our Water / Wastewater group in our Missoula, Montana office.
Morrison-Maierle is an employee-owned firm that has offered a broad range of engineering design services for over 70 years. Morrison-Maierle serves the Western United States from offices in Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls, Helena, Kalispell, and Missoula Montana, Casper, Cody, Gillette, and Sheridan, Wyoming, Spokane, Washington, and Phoenix, Arizona.
We have built our reputation on creating engineering solutions that build better communities. As a regional firm, Morrison-Maierle has approximately 300 employee-owners and is currently ranked within the Engineering News Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms” and named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by the Zweig Group.
This position assumes the responsibility to lead and grow our Water / Wastewater Market Group in the Missoula office. This position often coordinates with staff in all Morrison-Maierle offices. The position reports directly to the Missoula Operations Manager with frequent communication/coordination to the Water/Wastewater Market Group Leader.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing general supervision of project managers and ensuring projects are completed in accordance with client requirements and company policies and standards.
- Monitoring quality assurance and risk management procedures.
- Communicating with and directing staff on business development, project schedules, staffing capacity needs, new work, and client relations.
- Performing as Client Service Manager, Project Manager and Project Engineer as necessary.
- Initiating, managing and assisting in building client relationships, including maintaining, expanding and enhancing existing client relationships, forging new relationships with prospective clients and securing profitable new work.
- Tracking, managing and maintaining assigned group utilization, net labor multiplier, and revenue efficiency factor goals as well as individual goals for the Missoula Office Water/Wastewater Group.
- Assisting the Operations Manager with personnel management including recruitments, salary reviews, scheduling training, conducting annual employee check-ins and mid-year follow up, and establishing annual individual staff goals.
- Assists and coordinates with the Market Group Leader on business development opportunities, expanding and enhancing existing client relationships, client service, preparation of proposals, qualifications and interviews.
- Assists in the development of Market Group business development plans.
- Provides input on the selection of Client Service Managers (CSMs) and Project Managers (PMs) to MGL and OM.
- Attends and actively participates in Market Group meetings. Communicates with office staff on Market Group performance related to business development, project workload, financial and related matters.
- Overseeing the office group’s financial performance and working with the Operations Manager to meet yearly financial goals and budget.
Mentoring less experienced staff in technical, business development, project management, and other professional arenas.
B.S. Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering. Registered Professional Engineer.
Appropriate and relevant professional experience in delivering consulting services in the Water/Wastewater markets or closely related field. Previous group management experience preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will possess strong business development skills, a thorough understanding of water/wastewater funding sources and strategies, and a proven track record of excellent client service; demonstrate the ability to maintain a positive group culture, and to coalesce and mentor a variety of staff to achieve client, company, market group, and Missoula Office goals.
Locations Missoula, MT
An Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans