Transmission and Distribution Power System Services
Morrison-Maierle’s Industrial Market Group provides specialty services in Transmission and Distribution Power System Services for a wide variety of its industrial and commercial clients. Our team offers the following services for projects in both distribution and transmission line engineering:
- Design of overhead and underground distribution power systems
- Design cable routes and generation physical layouts of overhead and underground lines
- Determine electrical equipment needs, including pole heights, conductor sizing, and clearance criteria
- Determine equipment sizing and provide specifications for procurement
- Manage sag and stress, voltage drop, short circuit, and power factor
- Provide coordination of protective devices
- Provide engineering planning on high-risk fire zones
- Update or create new construction standards
- Review and recommend changes to safety standards
- Provide design and technical support for New Large Industrial Loads (NLIL per BPA)
- Design of overhead and underground transmission lines, including survey, plan and profile drawings, sag tension charts, staking tables, structure family, and fabrication details.
- Perform conductor selection studies, shield wire, optical protective ground wire studies, and induction studies.
- Design transmission line equipment disconnects, GOABs, and line pull-offs.
- Provide PLS CADD, Pole, and Tower models for current and future projects.
- Provide planning, routing, ROW acquisition, and community outreach.
- Generate permitting documents using GIS and any other preferred platform.
- Perform detailed review of all vendor drawings and specifications as well as bid documents.
- Assist with or create specifications for hardware, wire, foundations, poles, and construction.
- Assure adherence to the NESC and other applicable codes.
- Generate detailed construction packages, estimates, and schedules.
- Provide detailed as-built documents and PLS .bak files.
- Provide design review.
- Field construction services.