Webinar – America’s Water Infrastructure Act
Understanding America’s Water Infrastructure Act
The America’s Water Infrastructure Act (AWIA) was signed into law in 2018. This act requires water system managers and operators to prepare planning and assessment documents for a range of operational and risk response measures. For water systems that serve between 3,300 to 50,000 the deadline for the Risk and Resilience Assessment is June 2021. Join this webinar to learn more about the AWIA and the requirements many communities must meet to stay compliant.
Topics covered include:
- Understand the elements needed to complete Risk and Resiliency Assessments, and Emergency Response Plans
- Learn first-hand the process to create an ERP and RRA, from the project engineer and the water utility
- Discuss how these assessments can inform capital improvement planning and funding strategies
- Examine the certification process and understand the steps
- Appreciate the role of a robust cybersecurity approach to protect your water system
Download the slides
Access the slide deck from this presentation.